Joint pain has been one of the most crucial issues in the recent years. Many people are suffering from extreme joint pain at much younger age due to several causes such as lack of exercise, unhealthy diet, change in lifestyle, etc. Arthritis is one such condition which is caused due to inflammation of one or more joints. There are many types of arthritis and the most common type of arthritis which people usually suffer from is that of osteoarthritis. If such conditions of extreme joint pain are not looked upon seriously, it can cause severe health issues at a later stage, which affects the quality of life.
There are several home remedies which can help you manage arthritis. Some of these include:
- Ginger: Ginger possesses anti-inflammatory properties which help in curing the inflammation of joints. Apart from healing throat infections and stomach disorders, ginger also aids in fighting against inflammatory conditions. Mix ginger with black pepper, add it to water and then consume. Consume this mixture thrice a day. You can even consume raw ginger which regulates the blood circulation resulting in pain alleviation. Apply ginger oil to the infected area as it can help reduce inflammation or stiffness in joints.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar is a rich source of minerals like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, etc. all of which are helpful in keeping bones healthy. These minerals help in removing the toxic build-up of joints which can help in curing arthritis. Consume a mixture of Apple Cider Vinegar and honey along with warm water daily in the morning for better results.
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains a compound called curcumin which has anti-inflammatory properties. Consume a glass of milk mixed with turmeric powder. It is also beneficial in treating rheumatoid arthritis.
- Honey and Cinnamon: Cinnamon possesses antioxidant properties along with anti-inflammatory properties. It can be consumed by mixing honey and cinnamon powder with water. you can also prepare a paste of honey and cinnamon and apply to the infected area which will relieve pain.
- Epsom Salt: Epsom salt consists of minerals like magnesium which can help in regulating the acidity and alkalinity in the body. Acidity should be balanced to control the inflammatory diseases which are caused by high acidic levels. You can add Epsom salt to a mixture of lemon juice and water and consumed daily.
- Exercise: daily physical activity in the form of exercise can benefit the bones and help in reducing the stiffness. It also helps in reducing the body weight, thus causing less pressure on the joints.
- Massage: Massage is highly responsible for regulating the blood pressure and hence it is helpful in relieving swelling and inflammation.
- Fenugreek seeds: These seeds possess certain properties linked to treating arthritis. It is also helpful in strengthening the muscle tissue. Soak the seeds in water overnight and consume it in the morning.
Apart from these homemade remedies, there are also various medications such as chondroitin and glucosamine, available to treat joint pain. But these might have side effects which can endanger your health. Adopting the homemade remedies has no side effects and can be easily incorporated into your daily routine.